Choosing the Right Bulb for Your Fixture
With a wide range of styles and features, we make it easy to find the right light bulbs for any fixture and space. Consider the demands of your residential or commercial lighting fixture, and we'll help you choose a bulb that fits your needs:
Different fixtures accommodate different light bulb bases, so it's important to buy a bulb that matches your fixture. Common screw-in bases like E26 are popular for standard fixtures, including pendant lighting, table lamps, vanities and ceiling fans. Other fixtures like chandeliers often require E12 candelabra-style bulbs.
Always remember to check your fixture to see what kind of light bulb base will fit, or drop by your local Batteries Plus Bulbs store for help identifying the right base.
Your lighting fixture will also dictate which bulb wattage is safe to use. Most common household fixtures use 60-watt bulbs, but some fixtures and commercial spaces will have different requirements, so check your device for the recommended wattage.
The type of bulb you buy also depends on whether you plan to use it in an indoor or outdoor light fixture. You’ll find a selection of bulbs specifically rated for safe use in outdoor settings like security fixtures and landscape lights.
Types of Light Bulbs
Once you know the requirements of your light bulb fixture, it's time to explore different types of bulbs. While some fixtures may need a specific kind, most can work safely with a few different options.
- LED: A popular and energy-efficient lighting choice, LED bulbs typically have a lifespan of up to 10 years and come in a range of wattages and temperatures. They are safely interchangeable with incandescent bulbs in most spaces, but always check the specifications of your lighting fixture.
- Halogen: These bulbs use a similar amount of power as incandescent bulbs but offer a longer lifespan, making them a popular choice for outdoor and commercial spaces.
- Fluorescent: A common choice for office and commercial needs, fluorescent bulbs are more energy-efficient and generate less heat than traditional incandescent bulbs. They typically come in tubes or circular shapes, offering ideal lighting for large areas.
- CFL: Compact fluorescent bulbs are a smaller version of classic fluorescents, making them a better fit for everyday household fixtures.
Looking for more information on how to choose the right light bulb? Explore more features of LED, halogen, fluorescent and CFL bulbs to find the right fit for you.
Light Bulb Features
Create the perfect lighting environment for any space with the right light bulb features:
- Warmth: Browse a selection of bulbs in a range of temperatures, including daylight, cool white, soft white and warm white.
- Dimmable: If your lighting fixture is equipped with a dimmable feature, it's important to find a bulb that's up to the task. Look at your fixture/dimmer’s manufacturer information to help you pick an appropriate bulb.
Recycling Your Fixture Light Bulbs
When the time comes to buy new bulbs for your fixtures, enjoy convenient shopping and disposal all in one place with our bulb and battery recycling services. We're proud to support the environment by offering a safe recycling drop off point at each of our stores, with plenty of residential and commercial programs to suit all of your bulb and battery needs. Shop Batteries Plus Bulbs today!